Art is the creative impulse made manifest. My work spans a wide range of styles, media, and subjects. For me, it is not so important to execute a depiction of what I envision, but to participate in the play which occurs when imagination meets material reality. Artwork is simply evidence of a moment when idea and object danced together.
What is a yantra?
Yantras are mystical diagrams composed of sacred geometry. They symbols of cosmic unity. Roughly translated, “yantra” means “tool” or “device.” As a tool, yantras are used to withdraw consciousness from the outer world, and go beyond the normal framework of mind to a state of consciousness known as Turiya. They can be used as an icon in ritual or for worship on an altar. They have many other uses, including “Upya,” or Astrological remedy for defects in one’s birth chart. They are also simply beautiful.
My yantras are lovingly hand-crafted to last many lifetimes. Each is begun on an auspicious day, facing a specific direction, while many thousands of rounds of mantra are recited.
- 3-D Yantra with Gold Leaf (Sri) 3-D Yantra with Gold Leaf (Sri)
- Yantra on Wood Panel (Venus) Yantra on Wood Panel (Venus)
- 3-D Layered Yantra (Sun) 3-D Layered Yantra (Sun)
- Yantra on Canvas Yantra on Canvas
- Sunburst Pattern Sunburst Pattern
- Beads Beads
- Florettes Florettes
Why Buy a Yantra?
- It's beautiful. You like it. It resonates with you.
- You wish to give one as a gift. It is said that the most powerful Upaya (Astrological remedies) are those given as gifts.
- You are a spiritual practitioner on the path and wish to use one of the most powerful tools revealed by Tantrik masters for ultimate realization.
- You are a spiritual-minded person who wants to benefit by surrounding yourself with icons of essence and images of the divine.
- Your guru (spiritual teacher) advised you to get one.
- Your Jyotishi (Astrologer) advised you to get one.
- You are familiar with your Astrological Birth Chart and recognize that you need a planetary yantra to rectify a problem in your chart.
- You have a connection to a specific Hindu deity, perhaps a wrathful goddess, but for privacy reasons do not wish to have an figurative (human) image in your office or home. Some of them can be fierce or scary to people who practice other religions! Also, many deities are portrayed nude. Yantras, on the other hand, are not offensive. They are also considered by the ancient seers to be more powerful than the figurative paintings!
- You wish to decorate your home or office with a lovely image that hints at your spiritual practice.
- You wish to support the creation of sacred arts.
- You wish to invest in and collect fine art.
- Seashell and Water Seashell and Water
- Seated Nude Seated Nude
- Seashell and Furniture Seashell and Furniture
- Exterior residential mural Exterior residential mural
- Interior public mural Interior public mural
- Interior residential mural Interior residential mural
- Om-sign mural (2007) Om-sign mural (2007)
- Peacock Studio, detail (2011) Peacock Studio, detail (2011)
- Jai Hanuman! Jai Hanuman!
- Igniting the Center Igniting the Center
- Para-Vac Para-Vac
- Nude with Pearls Nude with Pearls
- Hanuman Dancing Hanuman Dancing
- Roots Yoga logo Roots Yoga logo
- Amriteshvara Conjoined Amriteshvara Conjoined
- Surfboard design Surfboard design
- Shri Cuisine logo Shri Cuisine logo